Tuesday, February 11, 2014

SNIPPETS OF OUR HOLIDAY POEMS......

HOLIDAY POEMS

W.A.L.T
  • Write about our summer holiday following a 4 line rhyming sequence
  • distinguish what a stanza represents
  • give our poem a meaningful title
  • present our work proudly for our class to share

We will see we have achieved this by;

  • Seeing a meaningful title
  • 5 Stanzas of 4 lines
  • The last word of the 1st two lines rhyme
  • The last word of the 2nd two lines rhyme
  • The poem follows holiday events in order


Grace Brabham:
The Coromandel was so much fun
I ate a strawberry coconut bun.
I stood up to milk a cow
My brother dodged a big green cloud!

Niamh McShane:
When we went camping we had a massive tent
A lot of time to put it up was spent.
Roasting marshmallows on the fire
Mum told me to put mine up higher.

Harry Ward:
Went to Te Puke with a big long drive
At the beach I went for a refreshing dive.
We went to the mall and did loads of shopping
Mum kept seeing nice things and we kept on stopping.

Vanessa Su:
My cousin came over, her name is Raylene
She is five years old and she is mean.
When she saw a spider in the ice-cream
She jumped on my back and gave a big scream.

Lucia Cameron:
My first trip to Picton was really fun
I was too busy eating a very big plum.
We played on the playground and got really hot
The waves started forming and we started to rock.





No comments:

Post a Comment