Thursday, April 3, 2014

Colour Poetry

Choose a Colour
By Caleb Grimstrup


If I were white, I’d be a bland sheep wandering in the farmer’s grassy meadows.


If I were aqua, I’d be a colossal tsunami bringing down a towering skyscraper.


If I were gold, I’d be a sparkling nugget waiting to be mined in the vast underground.


If I were crimson, I’d be a glass of the finest berry flavoured wine.


If I were forest green, I’d be an ancient tree growing higher with each long year passing.


If I were black, I’d be the fastest private jet zooming across the sky with the president inside.


If I were magenta, I’d be a sparkling wig sitting atop my lovely teacher’s head.


If I were brown, I’d be a majestic gazelle leaping away from it’s deadly hunter.


If I were cream, I’d be a vanilla plant waiting to be picked and turned into yummy tip top.

If I were bronze, I’d be Greek armour being showcased inside bulletproof glass.

3 comments:

  1. This a really top piece of writing. Well done Caleb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great descriptive vocabulary Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Caleb what a creative writer you are!!!

    ReplyDelete